Video kit progress: Episode 1

17 Sep
Hello. Before I started, I would like to apologize to all. Yes, I know I should’ve written this entry earlier, which is on this monday. Yet, I keep on procrastinating it until now!! So, again it proves that procrastination will lead to bad consequences.
This Monday, 14th of September, our group started discussing our plans for the video kit. This was the initial stage of our progress. Although there was not much work being done, we managed to come out with more ideas!
We had listed down what we planned to do. Firstly, for the subject of Mathematics, we planned to adapt the game "snake and ladder" and change it to "numbers and ladders", as we deemed that this title is more catchy and is related to one of our videos. The activities in this board game include "say", "spell", and "count". This is basically the outlook of the board game, done by Dhaya. We will try to add more pictures and make it more colourful and appealing.

Besides that, we had started designing our brouchure as well. Although it looked quite plain and dull, we will still try to improvise from time to time.
Apart from that, we also brainstormed on other activities and supportive materials for our kit. One of them was animal puzzle. We planned to alter the pictures of animals into puzzle, where pupils can work on it and get them to say and spell the names of the animals once they have finished assembling the puzzles. We tried to design the puzzles using big huge labs, however, the image was not very clear. We could only see 2/3 of the picture, and we found that there were too many pieces of puzzles, so we all thought that it won’t be suitable for children. But for those we plan to give it a try, you may do so, because I found that it’s quite user friendly and there are other useful features available as well.
 

Therefore, instead of using big huge labs, we planned to use photoscape "splitter" to break the pictures into several parts, cut it and make it into puzzles. As for Science subject, we planned to integrate the two areas, habitat and characteristics into one activity.

As for the sound of animals, we think that it will be good if we can record the sounds of animals, perhaps include them in power point, and get pupils to guess the word as the sound appears. In addition, perhaps we will come out with tasksheets where pupils can write down the sound (in the verb form) that the animals produce, for instance, goat _________, dog __________. Besides, we planned to adapt the lyrics of a nursery rhyme and change it into an animal sound song as well. Hopefully it will be able to strengthen pupis’ knowledge on the sound of animals.

These were what we have done so far on this Monday. Ideas were there, but we need to put them into actions soon! All the best to all!
~Beginning~
Advertisements

4 Responses to “Video kit progress: Episode 1”

  1. priyatharisini September 18, 2009 at 9:38 pm #

    Yes girl…Our ideas are there, so like you said, lets put them into action! All the best girl!

  2. Ng September 19, 2009 at 11:14 am #

    Thanks ya! All the best to you too!

  3. Dhayalakshmi September 23, 2009 at 1:25 pm #

    Bguat we had a great time rite??? now we are in the process of getting things done. Waiting to see the end product.

  4. Ng September 23, 2009 at 9:33 pm #

    Yes Dhaya, we had a great time sharing our ideas, and getting works done. So let\’s look forward for our end product,hope it turns out well! 🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: